The Peaceful Warrior series
Welcome to the Crazy Colombian’s series about how to live your life like a Peaceful Warrior. This series of articles were inspired on a weekend experience held on the 5-6 of April 2008 in Sydney with Dan Millman. In addition to an up-to-date list of articles in this series, you will also find a little information about Dan Millman, and what it means to be a Peaceful Warrior.
Like most good things in life, my appreciation for Dan’s teachings get better with time. It is for this reason that you can expect future installments of this series. If you want to stay on top of new additions, you’ll want to sign-up to our on-line magazine (it’s free!). Enjoy!
The Peaceful Warrior series
This is the list of articles written so far in response to my experience with Dan:
- The Peaceful Warrior Experience: An evening with Dan Millman
- A poem inspired by a Peaceful Warrior master
- PW Series, Part 1: A Peaceful Warrior weekend seminar
- PW Series, Part 2 : The Law of Balance
- PW Series, Part 3 : Energise your body
- PW Series, Part 4: Trust your intuition
- PW Series, Part 5: The Law of Expectation
- PW Series, Part 6: The Law of Cycles
About Dan Millman
Born in February 22, 1946, Dan has lived a unique and eclectic life. Starting his career as a gymnast, he shattered his leg after a motorcycle accident. The doctor’s prognosis: he would not not be able to walk ever again. After such devastating news, Dan went on to prove them all wrong by tirelessly training and fully recovering from his injuries. In 1964, at the tender age of 18, he won the World Trampoline Championship in London.
After achieving this incredible milestone, Dan spent the following years as a coach to students at Stanford University and Oberlin college. After several years of coaching experience, Dan decided to help others in a broader sense. He went on to become a prolific self-help, best-selling author of over 13 books. His most famous one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior was written in 1980, and was made into a movie in the summer of 2006 by Lions Gate Films.
Nowadays, Dan spends most of his time writing and speaking. His keynotes, seminars, and workshops are all designed to share the wisdom he has accumulated as a practitioner of The Way of the Peaceful Warrior.
What is a Peaceful Warrior?
We are all Peaceful Warriors in training. But what exactly defines a Peaceful Warrior? I could not find a definition anywhere – neither in Dan’s books or anywhere else on the internet. So, this is my attempt at sharing one definition of a Peaceful Warrior. Feel free to add / suggest changes to this definition in the comments section at the end of this article, and I may amend this page with some of your comments.
A Peaceful Warrior is an individual who:
- Has accepted the duality of life (Male & Female ; Peace & War; Ying & Yang) and has learned to balance & integrate these apparent opposites through action in life.
- Dedicates his life to Serving himself and others, following his passion and dreams even in the face of insurmountable obstacles.
- Has the courage to do what needs to be done, even when it doesn’t come easily
- Has compassion for all those around him, guiding his actions with love – particularly for those who need it most (usually those who are hardest to love).
- Uses the passion of his heart, the compassion of his soul, and the experiences of his life to Be Present, and accept that there are No ordinary moments, ever.
- Understands that the experiences he has along the journey are more important than the destination itself